Monday, April 27, 2009

Camping




We had a great time camping this weekend, despite cracks from the other families about our enormous tent. The smell of "Off", the early morning sound of tent zippers, smoke from the campfire...it really brought back memories of camping with my family as a child. The only thing we didn't have was Tang. My Mom was the Queen of Tang. At home, she was Health-Food-Granola-and-Make-Your-Own-Yogurt-Mom. But for camping...she brought out the good stuff.

There was a little pond and boat so the kids were able to enjoy that, as well as just general running around and acquiring layers of mud. I hope we're able to go again soon and get lots more use out of that colossal tent.

Thanks, Jenia, for the pictures! Kevin may not be too crazy about the one with his eyes closed, but it's the only one with any of our kids in it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom always gave us Tang when we camped too! If we needed to have a quick breakfast before getting on the road, it was Tang and breakfast squares. We never got those at home. Isn't it funny what things can trigger great childhood memories?

Jenia said...

So glad you guys had fun! Sydney came home in layers of dirt... I was a little amazed:) I hope you get lots more fun camping trips with your tent!!

cristina said...

How fun! We LOVE going camping, too, although we NEED a bigger tent. I can't wait to go again this year. =)

Liz said...

I have great childhood memories of church camp when I smell the Deep Woods-scented Off & Love's Baby Soft!