Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday Ramblings

Before I begin, I must say that the hardest thing about blogging is coming up with a title for every entry! I am sure that it's good for me to be stretched in some literary sort of way...

Well, it has been a while...Let's see: Last week Kevin's dear Grandmother passed away, and we planned a flying trip to AR for her funeral. My parents were so wonderful about moving their visit up a few days, and were here last Friday by noon so Kevin and I could go to the funeral alone. (We didn't want to drive the very long distance, and plane tickets for everyone was of course not feasible.) So, we left the kids in the blissful presence of Grandma and T-Pa, and we were off. Kevin's Mom got us really inexpensive plane tickets, which was a huge blessing, but unfortunately, we were unable to get on our flight from Atlanta to Shreveport, because we were flying standby. I'll spare you all of the details, but we decided to rent a car and drive all night to be able to make the funeral. It was not a fun experience, and I had to apologize to Kevin for my highly un-encouraging (read: rotten) attitude on the trip, but we know it was the right thing and meaningful to Kevin and his family for us to be there. The service was beautiful, and we enjoyed our short visit with Kevin's Aunts, Uncles, cousins, Mom, and sister and her family. Thankfully we had no trouble getting home on Sunday.

My parents were here til early Wednesday morning, and we really had a great time. The weather was just beautiful, and we had a nice balance of relaxing and doing a few fun things out of the house. We visited the Arabia Steamboat Museum in downtown KC on Monday, and that was very interesting. Tuesday night we had a mini-celebration for Lily's birthday. We sang to her, enjoyed a little cake that Mom picked up for her, and watched her open her gifts from Grandma and T-Pa. She got some adorable horse pajamas, a new outfit, and two stuffed horsies from them. (Need I say what she's interested in right now?) By now I think Mom and Dad are in West Virginia, visiting my Uncle Joe. Hope they're having a terrific and restful vacation.










Tomorrow afternoon we're having Lily's Official Fifth Birthday Party. Five little girls will be coming to play and celebrate with us. Should be lots of fun. I am going to make Lily a horse cake this evening. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it'll resemble a horse and not an armadillo or something...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive, the horse that is!
Happy Birthday to Lily from us. :o)
Cristina