Saturday, October 06, 2007

Sugar, games, and gifts...and babies

Ahh... little girls are so much fun. Lily had her party this afternoon, and 6 little girly-girls, plus Rowan, crafted, played games, and transformed themselves into princesses. And I think there was one lion. I am so thankful to have 3 (4) girls. The world of Star Wars, Bionicles, and Legos is somewhat of a mystery to me. (Though I love having boys, too. It's a good way for me to imagine how men must feel about women-things.) Not only did Lily get to socialize with her favorite people, I did, too. Dana and Dawn, two godly and fun friends, hung out and assisted for the duration of the party. We had a great discussion about family size, a topic all of us have struggled with, or continue to struggle with. If you believe that children are a blessing, as God's Word says, is it right to limit the amount of children you have? If so, when? We all agreed that this is such a tough one, that it must be left to individual couples to wrestle with. It seems like it would be so much easier to just have an answer spelled out clearly, and not have to work through all of the questions and doubts. But, I know God has a purpose in the fact that He didn't say more in His Word. Please feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear any thoughts or insights on this topic. Now: back to the crumbs, wrapping paper scraps, and dress-up clothes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You have to come make Katie's birthday cake! She is a horse fanatic. I think you did a wonderful job. Hope she had a wonderful day. :)