Thursday, October 18, 2007

Birth Control for 11 year olds

I'm sure most of you have seen the headline about the Maine middle school whose board approved the policy of dispensing birth control to middle-schoolers. If not, here's Fox's story.

I find this kind of thing so upside-down and crazy; such a good example of Man's wisdom vs. God's wisdom. Examples like this show that they (man's wisdom and God's) are often diametrically opposed, not just slightly off-kilter. I found this particular quote to be especially ironic.

"If my daughter were not able to talk with me about something, if she couldn't reach me for whatever reason, to keep her safe and healthy, I would want to make sure she had access to those resources from trusted adults," Verrier said.

As if a little pill is what will keep her 'safe and healthy' from heartbreak, emotional scars, and lack of self-respect... not to mention those pesky STDs.

Lord, help us to make a difference in our broken world.

No comments: