Monday, March 18, 2013

First Day of Spring Break

Can I just say....YAAAAYY!!  All you homeschool Moms out there know that you get just as excited about breaks from school as your kids do!  And I should qualify:  breaks from 'normal' school.  I have some sneaky ideas to get school in this week disguised as fun.  Shhh.

Baby feet!

Last night as I was getting my boots to head to church, I pulled a toy out of one and thought, I love being a Mom.  I am trying to see each day with thankful eyes, loving these little people and accepting their messes as part of the small, small price of having a house full of people to share life with.  The Lord is so good to me, so faithful.  All last fall I felt like I was drowning under the weight of homeschooling, of mothering, of homemaking.  I am so very happy to say that the Lord has lifted me out of that difficult funk, and is granting strength and grace each day.  I still struggle, but He is helping me and walks with me.  Praise and thanks to Him!

Baby eight and baby one are good friends!  She won't like me calling her my baby, but she still is, in my mind.  :)


Today, we are going to do a lot of whatever strikes our fancy....or at least that's the plan.  The girls want to try their hand at sewing some clothes for their American girl dolls, and I would like to get some kids in the kitchen to do some baking with me.  I confess, I have to 'gear up' for kids in the kitchen.  I often feel so pressed for time that I don't allow helpers as much as I should. But today, we will bake.  I still keep a list on the inside of one of my cabinet doors to remind me who has had a turn as a kitchen helper.  It's right next to the list of whose sheets I last washed.  Lists are my friend!



We had a wonderful visit with my Mom-in-law last week.


I hope you enjoy your day, too.

2 comments:

Jenia said...

Happy Spring Break!!! I hope you have a wonderful week :)

Heather L. said...

Happy Spring Break Candice! I can't wait myself!!!!