Thursday, February 14, 2013

This 'n' That

It's been busy around here with projects, school, field trips, and friends. Here are some pictures of what we've been up to.


We've been here in our rental house for almost a year, and I finally accomplished the removal of the navy/baby blue/pink/gold wallpaper in the kitchen and breakfast area. What a job! I managed to get the first coat on a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still looking for a window to get the second applied. Then we can put the baseboards back on, hang curtains, and generally have a home-y kitchen! I can't wait!


Something very exciting also happened a few weeks ago. Noah became a communicant member at our church! This just means that he made a public profession of faith before the church and may now partake of communion with the body of Christ! So exciting, and so wonderful to see the Lord working in his life. I have some video, but no stills, unfortunately. This is the stained glass in our sanctuary.


Sam has been very busy being a three-year-old boy. This involves lots of running, imagining, playing with sticks, and other important work.



My hubby had a birthday last week. We had fun celebrating him. And eating his cake. :)


Back to the kitchen project: I have searched and searched for affordable artwork to hang on my newly painted wall. I spotted these pretty frames for $12 each at Big Lots a few days ago, and I'm going to print two butterfly images from the web (on nicer paper), and have them dry-mounted for framing in the frames. I think it will be just what I've been looking for. I love red, by the way. Kevin says I need to branch out, and tried to talk me into using purple in the kitchen decor, but I just couldn't do it. :)



The kids and I enjoyed a field trip to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City last week with our CC Community. We did tours in the morning, and different workshops in the afternoon. So much fun. I want to go back now, with Kevin, to spend more time looking. Keely's class created Chinese landscape 'scrolls', and Rowan's worked on Native American art.




This precious Elijah makes me grin.  Sink baths are the best.  
Babies are the best.  

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I always love looking at your pictures! I miss those sink baths with the my babies!

I did a little research on the challenge program you recommended, and I'm assuming those weekly meetings are an integral part of the program? When I entered my zip code to locate a cc community near us, I found the closest one to be 73 miles away :(

I really like living where we live (we are in a VERY rural area), but it certainly has its downsides! That is why we elected to send our two older children to the Christian school in our area. They really enjoy sports and living where we do, there is no homeschool group any where near us that is large enough to support any sports programs.

Since Will couldn't care less about playing a sport, he really wants to continue homeschooling through high school. I've been a bit worried lately, but I have felt God prompting me to put my faith in Him, yet once again :). I know He will make a way for this to happen, I just have to trust Him. And that shouldn't be so hard to do, honestly, He's proven Himself over and over lol!

OK, so thanks for listening to me ramble :)!