Monday, June 18, 2012

A Month Gone By!



It's hard to believe it's been over a month since I have had the time or energy to post anything. Our 'slower' month off school has been anything but. Here's a little bit of what's been happening in our lives.


Rowan celebrated her eighth birthday on the 18th of May. She is such a funny girl! We love you, Rowie!




We have tried to get good use of our city pool pass and have enjoyed being able to swim again after hardly going at all last year.


Notice there's no diaper in the above picture? Sam is doing great with potty training, though is not completely 'there' yet. I'm thankful he's not been too resistant to the whole idea. M&Ms and jelly beans help.




Keely, my baby, is fourteen now. I think it was just yesterday that she was Eli's size and I was playing house with my first little one. I was really fine, not emotional at all...until I pulled out the recipe for Keely's requested birthday dinner. She copied this for me a few years ago, and just look at that handwriting! Now my daughter is a beautiful young woman who is quickly surpassing me in areas (Latin? I'ts Greek to me...and she playes piano beautifully). Happy Birthday, Keels!


Elijah is almost five months now and is going to be crawling before long. He gets up on all fours and rocks, and scoots around on his back in a comical way: back arched, pushing with his legs. I think he'll have a new bald spot if he doesn't start crawling soon! He is our family's little pet. Love this little guy!


This is a picture of Lily's wall. It actually looks a bit better than this now, but not much. I have removed all of the outer wallpaper, but still have some backing to work on. I haven't had much time lately to devote to this, but I know Lily is anxious to have her room look nice and not like an abandoned warehouse.

This week is our church's VBS, and I'm excited for the fun and learning that I know will happen. I am teaching the memory verses and Kevin actually has a dramatic role in the daily skits. I will try to get some pics of that. :) I'd better be off; two of the littles have swimming lessons in a few minutes. Have a blessed day, and I hope you're enjoying your summer!

2 comments:

Jenia said...

Love the pic of the girl reading in the wheel barrel, that is a keeper!

Liz said...

Oh my! That first pic of Rowan scared me for a second. It took a minute to realize that her right arm is behind her. It sort of looked like she had a stump of an arm & I was racking my brain to try to remember if she'd always only had part of an arm on the right side. I didn't remember it being that way & thought surely I was seeing that wrong. I'm not sure what it is, but something in the background of the pic sort of looks like a partial arm. ha ha! So glad to figure out that THAT wasn't her arm!