Friday, April 27, 2012

Our New Place

Here are some pics of our new place. I thought about making it as magazine-perfect as I could, but then I thought, no. It will be like you just dropped in for a quick visit and you can see our home in action. Plus, I was feeling too lazy to do the extra work. :) 


This is what you see when you first come in the front door. To the left is the dining room. 


We were doing school in here, but it was just too much hassle to try to get it all cleared off every night for dinner. So now we'll eat all meals in here, and use the small breakfast room table for school. All I can say is good thing we have a carpet cleaner--which you met already when you walked in the front door. 


Looking back from the dining room into the little entry area. Isn't that a pretty antique piece? It is the homeowner's, and he's letting us use it.



Looking back from the other side of the living room into the entry area.


Now we're upstairs looking across the 'bridge', as my kids have named it. The boys' room is behind that door. I'd show you but there is a sleeping two-year-old in there, and we mustn't wake him yet. :) If you notice something funny and reflective on the spindles, it's not my camera. For safety we found some neat rolls of plexi-stuff to attach and keep heads and appendages from wedging between them or diving onto the first floor. This house was built in '78. I guess kids were just tougher then. 


This little half-finished room is the older kids' study room. They were so excited about this space the first time we saw the house. I think Keely would want me to issue a disclaimer that this room is undergoing a redecoration/reorganization project. It always looks worse before it looks better, right?


Looking down from the loft area onto the living room.


Breakfast-school room, and kitchen. Like the wallpaper? We hope to remove it at some point.  Not looking forward to that process, but I know it will look so much better.


The blue canopy-thingy is going, we just haven't gotten to it, yet.


I really love the house, but this oven is not my friend. It's only two years younger than me, but we just don't get along. Most of my cookie sheets don't fit in it, and I can't get the 'clean' function to work.


Laundry room. Like my little baskets? I found the narrow baskets at WM, and the sticky chalk labels at Staples. I love those little labels! When I got home with them I walked around the house looking for things I could stick them on. I know. I'm kinda weird.




Our bedroom. Yes, that looks like a poopy diaper on the floor. We try to keep those properly picked up and disposed of, but at the rate that Eli produces them, it can be a challenge. I think I'll go pick it up now.


What's this? How did this get in here? Isn't he a cutie? Well, that's mostly the tour. I can't get the kids' rooms because they're all occupied with nappers. Also, I'll try to get a pic of the basement sometime soon. It's finished and the kids love to play down there and crank up the homeowner's huge Casio keyboard. It does have some fun songs and effects that the whole house enjoys via the ductwork. :) Blessings to you and have a fantastic weekend!

9 comments:

Countrified Hicks said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL! God has truly blessed you.

Sara Bishop said...

Where did you get the plexi roll stuff? We need some eventually!

Debbie said...

It looks fantastic!

Candice said...

Hi, Sara! We ordered it from Amazon. I think it's called 'Kid Safety Guard' or something similar. I'm sure you can search and find it. Does this mean what I think it means?!

Candice said...

Hi, Sara! We ordered it from Amazon. I think it's called 'Kid Safety Guard' or something similar. I'm sure you can search and find it. Does this mean what I think it means?!

Dana said...

I'm glad you put up the photos! It looks great, and I know you will continue to give it your "woman's touch" :).

Anne said...

Your home looks settled. :) Must be nice to be out of boxes. Love the shirtless jeans picyutre of Eli! :) Can't wait or you to "play" with your new camera when our little one arrives. :)

Sara said...

It does! We are getting an early Christmas present this year; sometime around December 5. :)

Heather L. said...

It was so fun to see your new house! I'm glad it is working out well for you guy so far.