Life here has been so busy lately that I've hardly had time to think, much less blog! So, here's a bit of what we've been up to.
1. I pulled into the driveway recently to this sight. I love love when my boys imitate their Daddy. Joe is continuing the Dennis tradition of being a 'yard man'.
2. Sam is 9 months old already, and we just can't get enough of this little guy. We've had to be more on the alert for Legos (THE most popular toy at our house) as Sam is on the move and into trying to eat just about anything he can get his chubby little hands on.
3. We went camping several weeks ago. The kids had a great time. *Ahem.* No, really, it was fun for us, too. Kinda. Just lots of work. I need to figure out how to make it less work. Is that possible, do you think?
4. We had a nice time at a local corn maze/pumpkin patch with friends. I think a corn 'sand box' would be much nicer than a sand sand box. Easier to spot corn kernals clinging to feet and hands. :)
5. We went to a Royals game recently with my parents and had a great time tailgating before the game. You haven't lived 'til you've tailgated at the back of your 12-passenger van. The night was beautiful, and the Royals actually won, so we got to see lots of fun fireworks.
6. In the spirit of culinary adventure, I bought some quail eggs for the kids to try. We felt so brave and exotic 'til we tasted them. Sadly, they tasted exactly like chicken eggs.
7. Our Lily turned eight today! We were at Classical Conversations most of the day, but had a nice chili dinner tonight with my Mom and Dad. Tomorrow morning Lily and I will go out for our 'special breakfast'. We are so thankful for our Lily Lou! Life would be a bit dull without her spunk. :)