Monday, August 23, 2010

Economic Warning

I (Kevin) am interrupting your regular 'programming' to bring you an urgent message...

You don't have to be a financial genius or an economist to know that things are pretty bleak out there. I've had a growing sense of urgency lately to get our financial house in order as I've been reading about the impending financial storm. To continue the metaphor: we've already weathered one side of the storm and it's my opinion that the reason things have slowed down is because we are currently in the 'eye' of the storm. Hence, all the talk about a possible 'double dip' recession.

I've started to blog several times about the dire situation our country is in financially and what we should do to prepare ourselves. (Candice and I are currently reading 'Whatever Happened to the American Dream' by Larry Burkett. We are amazed at his prescience. Even though the book was written over a decade ago, it's as if he wrote it only yesterday!) So much of the information that I've read is technical that I didn't know how to best communicate it. I came across a vblog of an unlikely source that I thought did an excellent job of covering the essentials without being overly complicated. Much better than I ever could...

Regardless of what you think about the source*, the information that is presented is valid and we would be wise to give attention to his advice.

"The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it." -Pr. 22:3





*Our success is not determined by a positive mental attitude espoused by people such as Tony Robbins. Success is measured by our relationship to Christ. If we have the Son, we have life. If we do not have the Son, we do not have life (cf. I Jn. 5:12).


No comments: