Thursday, May 01, 2008

Still Here

Just when I think that I am getting into a pattern of consistent blogging, life happens! It has been a fun couple of weeks: My mom was here and we enjoyed her immensely, Kevin and I (and baby monkey) went to the home school conference and were so encouraged and rejuvenated, we saw Expelled, which was excellent...I will probably write more about the home school conference when I have more time, but let me just tell you that if Voddie Baucham is speaking near you,
go see him. He was articulate, funny. And the man doesn't mince words.

Schoolbooks, dirty laundry, kitchen cleanup, and little people are calling. Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw EXPELLED, too and thought it was very insightful. It is good to be reminded how much one's worldview shapes how we interpret other information....like what Voddie said-if people don't have a godly worldview, they are more likely to drift away from the Truth (Jesus!).

-Dana

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to make another comment regarding the movie Expelled. When I was in college at Kansas University, I did an English paper that was originally going to be on why censorship is a good idea with children's literature. I changed my topic to how KU was censoring conservative literature. I found out that if I wanted to read something by Phyllis Schafly, or Jerry Fallwell, I had to go to a tiny, tucked away library. To get in I could not take my backpack, only a pencil and paper. No copies allowed. This literature was located with Nazi writers, and other kooks. I argued in my paper that by putting the conservativwe stuff under lock and key, most students never got to see it, so the university which claimed to be against censorship was in fact censoring what didn't fit the status quo. I had to present my paper orally, and to my relief, my teacher was surprised but not disagreeable. Whew. The grade for my work was intact. -Dana

Candice said...

Wow. That is crazy! I wonder if that's still the way it works at KU.

Stacy said...

I just finished his book, Family Driven Faith, and agreed with EVERY single thing he said, so I imagine he's an excellent speaker! :)

Fun that you got to get away! :)

~Stacy