Sunday, September 16, 2007

Book Reviews for Kids


My friend Michelle and I have many times lamented the fact that we each have a voracious reader in our home--Wait...let me re-state that. We have lamented the fact that we can't keep up with pre-screening all the books that our girls bring home from the library. We rely on trusted book lists and certainly thumb through their selections, but have wished for a website that would provide book reviews from a Christian perspective. Well....Guess what? I have found one! Hurray! At this point the number of reviewed books is fairly small, but they are always adding new ones to the list. So, here's the link for all you Moms and Dads with the same dilemma.


www.bookangles.com

Speaking of books, my super-supportive and gift-giving Mother has blessed us with some missionary biographies to enjoy. Our library system is sadly lacking in books on this topic, so I am so excited to be able to start our own collection. I never read about famous missionaries as a child, but I have so enjoyed learning about them with the kids. We have read about Hudson Taylor together, and George Muller. Keely has a book from the "Ten Girls..." series, which she enjoys, but these books just present a short synopsis of each missionary's life in a story form; and I don't think they're terribly well-written. Here are some pictures of Joseph posing with our new books.

No comments: