Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Before I Turn In

Ahhh...Another day almost gone. Since I've been getting up to walk with my friend Michelle every morning at 5:30, I should be heading to bed soon...but I feel like rambling a bit, first.

I sampled some good eats at the Lenexa Spinach Festival on Saturday, and one of the things I snacked on was beer bread. I remember my Mom making this stuff when I was a kids, and forgot how good it is. So, Keely and I went directly to the store Saturday afternoon to buy self-rising flour and a six-pack of Bud. I felt kindof funny buying it, not because I think alcohol is evil, but just because I never do buy it...it even feels funny cracking them open to bake with them, while the kids are running around me. Funny, huh? It's like I am picturing in my head what I must look like: barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen holding an open container. Anyway, it sure is good. And for any of you concerned, the alcohol bakes out. ;)

Last night we met with our new church group, and it was good to begin reading through the book of Acts together and beginning our study of the first century church. Please pray for us, if you think of it, as we begin this journey. We are excited and not sure what to expect. Just trusting God to lead us and direct our steps. Also, though I don't feel that I should go into detail, please, please pray for our current church. We are working through some issues and desperately need reconciliation and forgiveness, all around. I know it has to grieve the Lord when there is fighting among brothers in the church. And what must unbelievers think? "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud! Hope ya'll enjoyed the bread!
Love,
Mom, gma