Saturday, August 25, 2007

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

I am really thankful that it's a breezy 76 degrees right now...can you tell by the title? :) It has been so hot lately that I have started having guilt that my kids aren't getting enough fresh air! We have really been staying inside a lot because I can hardly stand the heat. My excuse is that I am pregnant, but to tell the truth I would be doing the same thing if I wasn't! Kevin and I have talked that we are really acting like Kansans these days; a month of 96 degree weather makes us swoon; gone is our Texan-hardiness...

The kids are all out enjoying the weather with their friends. Keely and Noah are at their friends' house down the street playing Indians. Keely ran home to get her Pocohontas costume on and to have me put her hair in braids, and she was off. Lily was excited to be invited to her friend Sophie's house, and Sophie's very sweet and hospitable mom also invited Rowan at the last minute. The little ones don't play much with friends at this age, but it is such a blessing to have 2 Christian families right on our street whom we feel very comfortable with.

So, it's just me and Joe. He is busy looking at a Princess book (secure in his masculinity) and taking apart the vacuum cleaner. Kevin is upstairs working, hopefully closing in on the finish line of this project. We will all be happy to have Daddy back with us when he's home. But, the money for this web design project is a huge blessing as we are saving for a new vehicle. Yes, it will be a big, ugly 12 passenger van, I think. We have gone back and forth between the dreaded big van and an Expedition, but we just can't get around how much more practical the van would be. It will be a humbling thing for us, as we are going to have to eat lots of "We'll never"'s. But I suppose it really doesn't matter in view of the big picture, does it?

One last thing. The two older kids and I have started reading The Secret Garden together, and I have been pleasantly surprised at how good it it. I know it's a classic, but for some reason I got it in my head that it was a dry and boring book. We are enjoying it; even Noah.

Joesph is emitting a strong and unpleasant smell, so I guess that's my cue. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me smile!
Love you all,
Mom, gma

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me smile!
Love you all,
Mom, gma