2. As I'm packing, I'm trying to really weed out things that I don't love enough to move (twice). I am realizing that we have a book problem in this house. I will seriously estimate that we have over a thousand books, including all the kids' books. But...we're talking about books. Can you really have too much of a good thing? Don't answer that.
3. My house looks like a bomb went off. Partly because we are packing, partly because I've, um, relaxed since we aren't showing our house anymore. Boy is it nice!
4. Wanna know where we are going? There's a family in our church who bought a house in the country before they sold their 'in-town' house, and they haven't been able to sell it yet. So...we are going to rent from them and continue to show their house for them, and they'll be able to move to their country house. Again, God has really worked out a situation to benefit both our family and theirs. Amazing!
5. The kids have been enjoying the snow, and I have been enjoying not having to get out in it much. Noah has been calling the snow 'gold from heaven' since he's been making a bundle of money shoveling our neighbors' driveways lately. :)
6. Sam has finally taken off walking, though he's still a bit unsteady. It makes us laugh to see him upright. Poor guy! Why did I pull out a pink bib for his birthday-cake eating pictures?! Sorry, Sam.
7. Here's an excellent and challenging quote from a great book I just finished reading.
Our call is to find satisfaction in our relationships, not because people please us, but because we delight in displaying God's love to a hopeless world.
-Paul David Tripp, Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands, ch. 11, pg 207, emphasis mine
Have a great weekend!