Thursday, June 11, 2009

The National Debt Road Trip


When I was young and foolish I bought a motorcycle (for you guys reading this it was a Honda Hurricane-CBR 600). This was the kind of bike that was so fast that it would literally overheat if it wasn't moving. Anyway, at the time, I worked at an old converted Air Force base that was about 11 miles outside of town. It was located off of a highway that had long stretches of road that were perfectly straight and flat. Perfect for finding out how fast my bike would go... Needless to say (Mom you should stop reading here), I got my bike up to speeds in excess of 120 MPH. I was going so fast that the cars in front of me appeared to be traveling backwards!

That was about 18 years ago. I knew better. Thankfully God spared my life and I'm here today to share this story with you. Obama's fiscal policies are just as irresponsible. In fact, if he doesn't put the brakes on his spending our country will die. And not just economically. The bible clearly states that the borrower is slave to the lender. Are we living in a time similar to Israel prior to the Bablylonian captivity? Like the demise of any of the great civilizations before us, we are being conquered from within. If we won't conform to God's law and be self-governed we will be ruled by tyranny (cf. 1 Sam. 7:1-7). May God have mercy on our nation!


2 comments:

Needing Him said...

Whew! I was glad to see that it was Kevin who posted this one. I was trying to picture Candice driving a motorcycle at mock speeds and was having difficulties in doing so!! Ha Ha! I am just not use to reading Kevin's input on your blog site!!

Franck Barfety said...

Kevin, you should be our debt tzar. :-)