- Bathing suits for six-year-olds are far from modest, at least at this store. Of about 20, we had two to choose from.
- Telling your three-year-old son not to throw the cantaloupe on the floor because it would splatter everywhere may not be the best incentive to obey. He didn't throw it down, but as soon as the words were out of my mouth, I could see the wheels turning. Note to self: Next time, use a different approach.
- Older kids are great gophers for the one item you missed way back on aisle 3. And they actually think these little assignments are fun!
- This is the best $3 purchase I've made in a long time.
- To a nine-year-old boy, clothes shopping is actually close to torture. At least there are the clothing racks to play in.
- Going to Wal-Mart with children can be a sanctifying experience. :)
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Observations From Wal-Mart
Today, I did something I usually don't do: I took five kids with me for a major grocery shopping trip to Wal-Mart. They did well overall, but I was loosing steam fast toward the end, feeling queasy and tired. Here are a few observations from our outing today.