Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Character Books


I picked up these books at the home school conference to go through with Keely and Noah this summer. I love the Tiger and Tom book; the language is old-fashioned and beautiful and the stories are powerful. I've been convicted about certain issues while reading and discussing them with Noah. He really enjoys the stories, too, which I suppose is much more important than if I enjoy them. :) The study for girls is very practical. Each lesson ends with a study of a bible character and how he/she displayed or lacked the character trait discussed in the lesson. Keely and I look forward to 'doing our bible study' together, though it's not always consistent.

What about you? Do you use your summertime to do special things with your kids that are hard to fit in during the school year?

No comments: