Friday, March 07, 2008

I'd Rather Have Been Scrubbing the Toilet

This morning I had an emergency root-canal. I know: Yucky. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says:
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

So, here goes.
1. I am thankful that I have dental insurance.

2. I am thankful that my sweet and funny friend Beth watched 5 of my kids in addition to her two.

3. I am thankful that I made a big pot of soup last night and I won't have to cook tonight.

4. I am thankful for anesthesia. I think I should count this at least twice.

5. I am thankful for a husband who is going to baby me til I feel better.

6. I am thankful to be reminded how I need a greater empathy for people facing medical problems and procedures. Even this relatively small and routine procedure was scary for me.

7. I am thankful for the prayers of those who knew how wimpy and anxious I was feeling, and for a Heavenly Father who cares about all the little details of my life--and yours.

No comments: