Friday, February 08, 2008

A Man-Baby's Perspective

Last night I enjoyed a quick Hobby Lobby run, and when I came home, I was in full-fledged redecorating mode. Nothing too extreme, just lots of rearranging knick-knacks and pillows and candles and things. (Do you ever get in one of those moods?) This morning Joseph gathered his favorite train and car and headed over to the end table in the living room. He loves to line them up there, for some reason. However, when he started to arrange them, he noticed that I had put a frou-frou candle holder on that table, taking up much of his precious vehicle space. So, this is what I hear next:

"Take it. Take it. Momma, TAKE IT!"

I had to smile. This has got to be how our men feel when we mess with things around the house. Too many pillows, for example. Kevin doesn't get that one. Or, trying to hide the functional things in something pretty. (Read: t.v. remotes in some basket or chest.)

Of course, I removed the offending candle and Joe was much relieved. Just wait, honey, til you have a wife someday. This is just the beginning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I get in those moods (for me, especially after feeling like I have let the house go for a while...)! Good example of how the guys feel about it...once Stan said to me-can you please leave the sugar bowl in one place? I don't know where to find it.

-Dana

Candice said...

But isn't Stan lucky that this is his biggest complaint about you? :)

Anonymous said...

Sean calls my decorations "traps" hehehe!!! And when I change things around the house Connor always complains, Elena on the other hand thinks it's beautiful. Yep, totally agree o n the man/woman's view...it's inborn!! :)

Cristina