Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Honey, Come Home!

When I was in high school, if I was at my best friend's house (yes, you, Chris K.!) at a late hour, her dad would get out of his chair, head to his bedroom, and say to his wife, "Momma, it's time for bed." I thought this was sweet, yet weird at the same time. Was he ordering her to bed? Could she not decide for herself when she wanted to head to bed? I didn't get it.

But now I do.

Kevin is in New Orleans attending training classes (he has a new job in network security--still with Sprint), and has been gone for 6 days now, and won't be home for another 4, and I am realizing that of all the reasons that I love my husband and like to have him home, one important one is that he tells me when to go to bed. Not exactly in those words, but I am finding that I need some spurring in that direction to make myself shut down for the night. I have been staying up entirely too late reading stuff online or watching quality television, like Access Hollywood. Or blogging, like now. Besides, a king-sized bed feels a little empty when it's just you and your newborn baby. So, please, honey, come home. You can even call me 'Momma'....(just please not 'Big Momma'... )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean is heading out to CO Sunday and he will be gone for a week. Boy, do I understand what you are talking about. I am gonna be dead tired because I can not sleep without him. :o(
BTW, I have commented on some of your posts and they are not showing. I didn't know if I am doing something wrong with it. :)

Candice said...

Hmmm. I will ask Kevin to look into that. I don't want to miss your comments!