Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

On this first day of the new year, I'll stop to thank God for His rich and abundant blessings, His faithfulness, His refining work in our lives. I'm so humbled that He gives the gift of his grace to me and my family--His unmerited, undeserved favor.

Kevin and I are so thankful for the latest gift to us: Annesley Noel. She is precious and healthy and beautiful (if I do say so myself!), and it's amazing that this complete little person has a plan laid out for her life already by the Lord. It's interesting how my perspective has changed ten years since our first child was born. I thought of Keely as 'my' baby; almost as a possession, as weird as that sounds. Now, I see Annesley as an individual, with all her potential bound up inside her, dormant for now, but nevertheless there. She is a gift 'on-loan', as all of our children are. We have the responsibility and privilege of training and protecting and teaching them all, just for a short time, really, then our job will be over, or at least much different. I hope and pray that we will do the will of our Father and be faithful in this task of utmost importance.

As a side note, everyone here is adjusting well to the new baby. Joseph has had the attentions of Grandma, and now Nana, so he seems to not notice so much that I am less available to him since I'm often busy with the baby. He loves her, and likes to 'pet' her on her head. Rowan and Lily still are enamored with our living baby doll, and ask to hold her all day long. Noah is an attentive big brother, always hopping up to get the pacifier back in Annesley's mouth if he hears her fussing. Keely is a big help to everyone, as always, and loves being a big sister for the fifth time. Kevin's Mom is here for several more days, and it's such a huge blessing. She goes all day long helping with the kids and housework, then willingly shares her bed with a wiggly kid every night. I don't think we'll let her leave.

I hope that you have a fantastic 2008, and that this year will be one in which you grow in your love for the Savior. That's our resolution, too. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

velvet said...

She is really a beautiful newborn, and is the rest of your brood. So glad you have a great mother-in-law. My mom is here now, and she definitely does things differently (that's all I'll say about that:)!)