Friday, August 10, 2007

Helllloooooo

It's been a while...Sometimes I just am not in a writing frame of mind. I probably should try to blog more regularly; it's fun, and for those of you interested in the minutia of my life....okay, for my Mom, I will try to do better.

This is day 13 of my sugar fast, and I must say that I feel really great. Kevin's sister Mandy inspired me with her stories of how great she felt after going without sugar for the month of July, and I thought, "I can do that!" My main motivation was to feel less draggy in the afternoons, as well as stop gaining 7 pounds a month, as I have for the past two. With us beginning our new school year on Monday, and knowing that we won't be finished with our scheduled work til 2:30 or so, I hoped this would be a help. I have not been obsessive about reading labels on things such as ketchup, but I have eliminated the obvious candy, coke, etc. With the exception of the day a friend brought donuts over for the kids, it hasn't been too hard. (You just HAVE to at least lick your fingers after you pass out the donuts...! But, I didn't.)

Most of you probably know this by now, but we did wimp out and find out that we are having a baby girl! The kids were rooting for a boy, but they all made the shift to a little sister quite easily, and are really excited. This is the fun part of pregnancy, when you can feel that little person doing acrobatics and kickboxing at night. What a miracle and a gift.

Today we are headed to Powell Gardens in Missouri for their Festival of Butterflies. I am hoping we all won't melt. I'll post some pictures later, as well as some of the baby. Really, I won't wait so long this time, Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your little girl, Candice, I am glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. :o)
May the Lord keep it healthy and give you lots of energy!