Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Little Glimpse of Success

I was going upstairs for something a minute ago, and I noticed that it was very quiet up there...hmmm. That can be good or very bad. I found Keely on Rowan's bed reading to Rowan and Lily in her most animated read-aloud voice. Then I spotted Noah playing sweetly with Joseph; alternately rolling a car for Joe to chase and throwing a stuffed monkey in the air to make him laugh. This is my favorite thing about homeschooling, and it has nothing to do with 'school', as we tend to think of it. It is about relationships. Yes, my kids bicker and argue as normal children. But they also have a shared 'world' that allows them to have close relationships with each other. And real-world biblical relationships are about overlooking offenses and 'doing unto others'. Ahhh...it warms a mother's heart.....Uh-oh. I'd better go. I think the 'glimpse' is over...

No comments: